Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Sonics - Here Are The Sonics


The kings of Garage Punk - The Sonics! So incredibly raunchy and loud! You'll feel cool as fuck listening to this at your local jukebox bar....

Formed in the early 60's these guys took regular ol' Rock n' Roll and stepped it up by playing everything faster and harder. Sticking true to their roots, they cover a lot of classics in their albums but their original material is where they truly shine. Songs like The Witch and He's Waiting deal with the occult, and others deal with typical teenage culture at the time. I didn't like the album upon first listen (I even deleted it), but I changed my mind after hearing The Witch again. I suppose the album may be a grower for some of you. Regardless, be sure to check it out

Try it

No comments:

Post a Comment