Wednesday, February 3, 2010

JGR - Demos


My good Russian friend, Vlad, started a recording project named JGR a few months ago. I actually like a lot of the music he records, so I figured I'd make a post about it. We've known each other for quite some time, we've recorded music together, and we've spent nights together (wink wink). He records his music using just a guitar and his laptop, producing a lo-fi sound - which I enjoy. Songs range from anxious sonic warbling to fuzzy field recordings with guitar work layered over it. Very experimental, although I'm not sure how much is actually meant to be as such, as most of what I've heard are demos and pieces of songs. Perhaps I just have a strange taste in music. When Vlad and I record music, it stylistically leans more toward an acoustic Taking Back Sunday with tape hiss in the background and some sound collages/field recording in between songs.

Check his music out on myspace; http://www.myspace.com/jegara

2 comments: